At this point, you might have taken a dip into our dishwasher buying guide and may even have a wish list of premium dishwasher features that is waiting to be fulfilled. If you ask us, the next logical step is to explore which appliance brands stock the necessary functions and aesthetic features that will keep up with your lifestyle.
Well, you’re in luck: Our experts at Aztec Appliance are coming in clutch with a dishwasher brand guide. Ranging from entry-level to premium, these are the 5 dishwasher brands that make our world go ’round.
At a Glance
A range of technologies makes Bosch the Quietest Dishwasher Brand in the U.S. with impressively low decibel levels, ranging from 42 to 50 dBA. With multiple insulation layers, grind-less food filtration, and a sound-absorbing base, you don’t have to wait until bedtime to run your appliance.
Related Article:Bosch Dishwasher Reviews [Buying Guide]
Here are other ways Bosch dishwashers stand out among a sea of options.
Spotlighted Bosch features:
- Quiet Operation – Bosch dishwashers are so quiet, the manufacturers have added an InfoLight that shines on the floor so you know when the dishwasher is running.
- PureDry™ – This system features a Sanitize Option that ends each cycle with an extra hot wash, heating the water to 162 degrees.
- PrecisionWash™ – Intelligent sensors continually scan and check the progress of dishes throughout the cycle, and powerful, precision spray arms target every item of every load.
- Flexible 3rd Rack – This feature accommodates deeper items, while adjustable tines let you customize the rack's loading space, adding 30 percent more loading area compared to two-rack models.
Best value Bosch dishwasher:
According to product reviewers at The New York Times, when comparing features and price point, the Bosch 300 Series 24” Built In Dishwasher (SHEM63W55) ranks as the highest-rated dishwasher in the industry. Touted for its quiet performance and third rack, this model works like a premium built-in dishwasher, but it sells for a midrange price.
Aztec’s top pick from Bosch:
Our favorite Bosch dishwasher is the SHP865ZD5N model. Along with the famed Flexible 3rd Rack, this dishwasher also features an EasyGlide™ rack system that provides a smooth glide for easier loading and unloading on the upper rack. Adding even more loading space, the FlexSpace™ tines on the mid and bottom levels fold back to fit larger pots and pans. With a flush inset appearance to boot, this Bosch dishwasher has a pocket handle that seamlessly integrates into your kitchen.
Pictured: Bosch 300 Series 24” Built In Dishwasher (SHEM63W55)
An entry-level brand with appliance features that are anything but, GE and its line of home appliances can tackle any job you throw at them. So, for glasses that glean and plates that squeak when you rub them, you better put your trust in a GE dishwasher.
Check out how GE dishwashers can make your life sparkle.
Spotlighted GE features:
- Bottle Wash Jets – Four dedicated jets are integrated into the upper rack to shower water deep inside for the ultimate sparkle, cleaning hard-to-reach areas inside tall items.
- Piranha Hard Food Disposer – To ensure consistently clean items, a stainless-steel blade rotates at 3,600 RPM to pulverize food particles and help prevent large particles from clogging the wash arms.
- Sanitize Cycle – This high-temperature rinse sanitizes and reduces by 99.999 percent the bacteria found on dishes.
- Twin Turbo Dry Boost – Thanks to a dual-fan system and inline heater that provide exceptional performance, you can expect a complete dry with every cycle (even with plastics).
Best value GE dishwasher:
In addition to the patented Piranha Hard Food Disposer, four Bottle Wash Jets, and the Steam + Sani cycle, the GE® 23.75” Stainless Steel Built In Dishwasher (GDT630PSMSS) boasts a decently quiet operation at 50 dBA, dedicated silverware jets, and a one-hour wash option.
Aztec’s top pick from GE:
Our favorite GE dishwasher, the GDF640HSMSS model, offers the same impressive features as our best-value pick and more. At an entry-level price point, this GE dishwasher also hosts a steam prewash that loosens tough soils and a DryBoost ™ option that gets hard-to-dry items (like tall plastic cups) up to three times drier compared to standard heated drying cycles.
That’s right—no more towel-drying after a drying cycle. Instead, when it’s done, it’s really and truly done.
Pictured: GE® 23.75” Stainless Steel Built In Dishwasher (GDF640HSMSS)
With a premium dishwasher and a clean set of pots and pans, you have the power to cook the meals that feed your soul—time and time again. From crusted casserole dishes to streaked wine glasses, KitchenAid dishwashers can take on the mess so you can take on what’s next.
Learn how you can cook more than you clean with the features available in KitchenAid dishwashers.
Spotlighted KitchenAid features:
- Advanced Clean Water Wash System – Microfiltration continuously removes food particles during the wash and rinse cycles and circulates clean water to dishes in all three racks.
- Express Wash Cycle – This option cleans in less time so that you always have the dishes you need while prepping, cooking, and entertaining.
- SatinGlide® Max Rails – This feature allows third and middle racks to move effortlessly, even when fully loaded.
- Stemware Holders – These holders secure wine glasses along the side of the middle rack to prevent them from moving around during the wash cycle; the number of stemware holders varies across models (at least two and up to six).
Best value KitchenAid dishwasher:
With a sleek finish and front-control panel, the KitchenAid® 23.88" Stainless Steel with PrintShield™ Finish Built In Dishwasher (KDFE104HPS) delivers performance and style passionate home cooks can appreciate.
Retailing for a mid-end price, this KitchenAid dishwasher exhibits great value with a one-touch ProWash™ Cycle that senses and adapts to soil levels, a Heat Dry option that engages a recessed heating element to ensure bone-dry results, and SatinGlide® Max Rails in the upper rack that roll out smoothly even when fully loaded.
Aztec’s top pick from KitchenAid:
Boasting the largest third rack in the industry in addition to a sensor-wash cycle and a fan-enabled drying option, it’s no surprise the KDTM804KPS dishwasher ranks highly on our list.
When it comes to other notable features, this KitchenAid dishwasher provides convenient space in the lower rack for tall utensils like whisks, spatulas, overflowing silverware, and small items (like espresso cups) that need to be secured for cleaning and drying, and its Advanced Clean Water Wash System allows dirty cookware and delicate glassware to be washed together in the same load.
Pictured: KitchenAid® 23.88" PrintShield™ Stainless Steel Built In Dishwasher (KDTM804KPS)
Leaving your glassware as clear as the resolution on their OLED TVs, the brains behind LG know that a beautiful table starts with sparkling dishes. We invite you to rethink cleaning the kitchen as a chore.
Here is how you can set the table with virtually spotless dishes and glassware—with LG dishwashers.
Spotlighted LG features:
- QuadWash™ – Four multi-motion spray arms power-clean dishes from multiple angles to get every load clean the first time.
- TrueSteam® Technology – The power of steam penetrates food residue and minimizes water spots during drying by up to 60 percent.
- ThinQ® Technology – The ThinQ® app sends you a notification when your dishes are clean and even works with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Adjustable 3rd Rack – This height-adjustable rack gives you the flexibility to fit more, including uniquely shaped or oversized serving utensils and tall stemware.
Best value LG dishwasher:
Our best-value pick is the highly rated LG 23.75" Stainless Steel Built In Dishwasher (LDF5678SS). With four spray arms instead of the customary two, the QuadWash™ targets dishes from multiple angles for the ultimate clean. Day or night, it doesn’t matter when you run this LG dishwasher—with a whisper-quiet operation at 46 dBA, you won’t have to worry about noisy disruptions during kitchen-table conversations or nap sessions.
Easily wiped clean with a soft, dry cloth, the dishwasher’s PrintProof™ finish resists fingerprints and smudge to maintain an exterior as spotless as its post-drying results.
Aztec’s top pick from LG:
Drum roll, please: Our top pick from LG’s line of dishwashers is the LDT7808SS model. Along with the specified perks of the LDF5678SS, this LG dishwasher is additionally stocked with TrueSteam® drying, an even quieter operation at 42 dBA, an LED tub light, and connectivity with the ThinQ® mobile app so that you can remotely monitor and control your appliance from the comfort of your couch.
Pictured: LG 23.75” Black Stainless Steel Built In Dishwasher (LDT7808BD)
If their #1 ranking in Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power is any indication, Samsung dishwashers get the job done the first time, every time. Investing in a dishwasher from Samsung means unlocking premium design and powerful cleaning capabilities.
See for yourself how Samsung dishwashers can tackle any job you throw at them—with ease!
Spotlighted Samsung features:
- Linear Wash System – This feature uses AquaBlast™ jets to provide corner-to-corner coverage for superior cleaning.
- AutoRelease™ Door – On select models, the door automatically opens slightly at the end of a cycle to circulate air and improve drying performance.
- Zone Booster™ – This feature provides an additional water stream to the bottom-left area for hard-to-clean pots and pans.
- StormWash™ – An alternative to the Samsung Linear Wash System, this wash system uses powerful rotating spray jets that can target every angle to clean tough-to-reach areas.
Best value Samsung dishwasher:
The Samsung 23.75" Stainless Steel Dishwasher (DW80R2031US) delivers great value with digital touch controls that conveniently allow you to select functions with a gentle touch and a height-adjustable upper rack that easily accommodates all of your dishware, regardless of their shapes and sizes.
What’s more, this dishwasher’s digital water leakage sensor identifies leaks and automatically shuts off operation before water can escape and damage your flooring or cabinetry.
Aztec’s top pick from Samsung:
In addition to a linear wash system, the DW80R9950US model features Zone Booster™ technology and an AutoRelease™ Door. But the reasons it tops our list of Samsung dishwashers include a sublime 39 dBA operation that rivals Bosch’s whisper-quiet decibel level, Wi-Fi connectivity that allows you to remotely monitor and control your appliance, and a brand-exclusive Tuscan stainless-steel finish that is sure to add a warm touch to your kitchen.
Pictured: Samsung 23.88" Fingerprint Resistant Tuscan Stainless Steel Built In Dishwasher (DW80R9950UT)
Product vs. Product Comparison: Our Best Value Picks
Related Article:10 Dishwasher Features to Look Out For in 2021
|Control Panel Type||Front||Top||Front||Front||Top|
|Available Finishes||Stainless steel, black, white||Stainless steel, slate, black slate||Stainless steel, black stainless steel, black, white||Stainless steel, black stainless steel||Stainless steel, black, white|
|Filter or Disposer?||Filter||Disposer||Filter||Filter||Filter|
|Decibel Level (dbA)||44||50||46||46||55|
|Number of Wash Cycles||5||4||5||9||4|
|Smart Compatible?||No||Optional (with part no. PBX23W00Y0)||No||Yes||No|
|ENERGY STAR Certified?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Let Us Help You
We hope our dishwasher brand guide inspires you to pursue greatness. Be sure to browse our digital catalog of name-brand dishwashers, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact our appliance experts. Call or visit us today!